The physicians at Oak Hills Women’s Center perform advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures which benefit patients in many ways. Such procedures include hysteroscopy, diagnostic and surgical laparoscopy, and robotic assisted laparoscopic procedures. Minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques are used to perform hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), salpingectomy (removal of fallopian tube), sterilization procedures, ovarian cystectomy (removal of an ovarian cyst), and oophorectomy (removal of an ovary) when needed. The benefits to patients of advanced minimally invasive surgery include:
- Small key hole abdominal incisions
- Less average blood loss and less risk of an infection
- Less pain
- Faster recovery and return to usual activities (patient dependent)
- Improved cosmetic results in most cases with less scarring
- Outpatient procedure and shorter hospital stay in the majority of cases
If you require a surgical procedure, inquire about a MIS approach and see if you are a suitable candidate for this advanced surgical procedure.